View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 02:49 PM   #24
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Curious what dealership in NJ are you dealing with? If it the one on Tenafly then I have an old friend there who is a manager in new car sales I can talk to for you.

There is no reason that they shouldn't be able to place a brand new engine in your car. A refurbished engine will come up on your carfax when selling your car down the line (Work done at BMW Dealerships are very detailed on carfax reports for some reason.)

Even a new faulty engine replaced with another new one will dent resale value if a buyer sees in on the carfax.

Another key argument is defining their terms of "refurbished". Best case is it can just mean a new engine that was never used or installed. Worse case is it was pulled from a wrecked car with 10k+ miles and refurbished (with new moving parts) to factory specification.

i understand BMW Dealership Customer Service can be messy and ignorant (not by their fault) but get the full info so you can act accordingly. I work in Litigation btw. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucep View Post
My 2018 M550 with 4K miles is in shop currently waiting on a new motor as well. Had the tapping so took it into the dealer to see what was going on. Received a call the on Tuesday that the tech found a major issue and had to call BMW technical service and was told they need to replace the motor. When I asked if this will be a brand new motor I was told that the motor is not new but remanufatured and I should be happy with that and couldn’t see why I was upset as it is the same as new. Keep in mind this is a automobile I purschased and not leased. I called BMW 800 number and they opened a case and was told a case manager would be in touch in 24 hours and they were but missed the call and was told they would look into it fully. Well later that day I missed a call from my dealer and had to track down who called. After speaking to the dealer I was told BMW will do nothing and that Is the final outcome. I haven’t received the official work from BMW but was told from dealer it was. Am I being unreasonable for being upset as who knows if this new motor will effect resale or even will it ever be like it should have been new from the factory. When I placed the complaint with BMW I was asked what would be a suitable outcome for me so I asked for a buyback or a switch for the same exact spect car being mine only has 4K miles on it. Am I being unrealistic or am I making a bigger deal of this than I should your feedback either agreeing or not would be very helpful.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0