08-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #30
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucep View Post
Well got my M550 back last week they replaced the motor with a rebuilt one that I was not able to get any history on. I have been reassured the tech that worked on my car is tops well I went down the road to look at another brand of cars and they pop the hood. Guess what the hood doesn’t close so I had to go back to the BMW to have them adjust. I asked the tech are you the one who replaced the motor and he said he was. I said I am getting the shaft And he agreed and said I would be angry as well.

Then the call from BMW rep who was handling my complaint comes at 1pm on Thursday and I miss her by minutes so I called right back. I never recieved a call back from her so I left another message 4 hours later that day. Still no calls back so on Friday at 10am I left another message saying I would like to speak about resolution. No calls back to yesterday(2 days later)at 2:30 eastern and was offered a lease payment or extended warranty. The funny thing and my main complaint was I was going to have dramatic decreased in value with a new motor. I reminded her I bought the car so not sure how paying a lease payment was going to help so was just a canned answer. Regarding a warranty doesn’t do me any good as I keep my cars 2-3 Years. Needles to say BMW doesn’t care one bit about their customers. If they did they would have done right being I bought it and only had 4,340miles on it and gotten me into a new one and not shifted the dramatic loss to me the consumer. Such a shame as This BMW was such an awesome machine to all this happened leaving such a bad taste in my mouth as they way they handled it with the customer service experience not even listening to me. As others have said make sure you lease and not buy otherwise get ready to take a big hit personally if this happens to you.
For what its worth, if you purchased the car BMW will calculate what a lease payment would be and give you that. At least that is my experience.
Appreciate 0