United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
There is absolutely no way this car 2019 M550 is puting out 540hp stock HP! It's Common sense, Dinan came up with same number on "2seperate dynos"? There's not any chance, it's not possible.
Your beef is with Dinan, so relax speed racer. They are within 20HP of where you say they are with your stated expertise of judging cars HP by feel. You say maybe 520, they say 530-540.

Here is the original posting from Dinan: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=10
Definitely no beef with Dinan. Happy with bump in power I get from their piggy backs and with them standing behind/warranty. Authaus(Steve dinans company) is only other company that offers same warranty, just not yet for our car yet. My "beef" or issue is I've yet for our exact engine, seen a tune that shows a dyno tune before and after. Everyone seems to go from BMW's number to what the tuner gets out of the engine. As a consumer, I would love to see a before and after, period. Not tune verse manufacture claims, not "oh on a hot day we pulled this #"

My beef is with #'s front and back. Am I the only one who wants to know really the actual power base line and gains per tune?

I've seen dinans web page, post and claims. My car isn't putting out the numbers stock they say it is. That's why all the reviews are vague for the initial 606hp claim, and revised to 590 hp? Put my car against a new M5 on 1/4 mile, half mile and it's clear. That's all
I don't like people being misled by marketing. As a consumer I'd love some actual facts, I think we all would.
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0