02-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #22
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Could be a trap, maybe you need to talk to her about that. I frankly hate the peer pressure, it becomes like weddings where you have to measure up to someone else's big day. It really takes the honesty out of it if you think about it. So you go out and try to make the day more special or at least as special as all the other BS Social Media posts.....so is it really about how you feel or keeping up with the Jones'.

I like to use honesty in my relationship. Back in the day, I could see dinner and flowers or what ever for VD. Now, because of the Hallmark pressure it has morphed into some grandiose competition which also sets up the disappointment.

I say show up with flowers and a bottle of wine or champagne every few weeks. Leave a hand written note for no reason and I think you'll have a happier GF/wife and if the whole social media thing matters to her she'll post that up and her friends will envious of her and you'll be the hero.

But what do I know, I'm on my 3rd marriage.....
Haha I already talked to her about it. We are very honest with each other, if something is wrong we always hash it out right there and then. So that is never the issue. Nor is VD itself. Only problem I'm having is the flowers debate. Don't even want to start on the wedding subject lol, my bank account is currently in tears.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
Rmtt8208.00