View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Easiest way to get your backup of the ECU's is to connect in Esys, then Control-select all of the ones that have a cafd file, then click "Read Coding Data". When you do this, it generates a current .ncd file of each ECU as it is currently coded. You would then go in to the E-Sys folder where they are stored (don't have my coding laptop with me to get the exact path, but I think it's something like "E-Sys/Data/CAF") and you can then just copy those into a different folder so you have them backed up.

As for the FSC Files, I know you can manually enter each address to back those up, but I am not sure if there is a way to save all of them at once. There may be some guides out there that explain in better detail, but unfortunately I don't have an exact answer on that at the moment.

For the last question, I haven't really seen a difference between the two. I purchased esysx (with 3.27) for my G01 X3 as I had donated but hadn't gotten a response from tokenmaster, and used that just fine without any issues. During that time, I finally got a response, so since esysx wouldn't have been easily transferrable to my new laptop, I have been using ProLauncher (with 3.33) on my G30 and it has been fine as well. I haven't been able to get the "cheat sheet" function to work which was supposedly one of the perks of using ProLauncher over other methods.

Also, I'm not sure how dealers/service centers are in your part of the world, but they shouldn't care too much about coding/minor things like that unless they are super strict. I take mine into the dealer all the time with coding/retrofits intact, and have never had any issues.
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50