LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
My post in this thread was from two years ago! Let me give you my perspective today. The M550i I bout that prompted me to join this forum back when I posted that first post was rarely driven in cold weather in the first year due to my working from home during the worst parts of the pandemic. After returning to the daily commute, it was a nice luxury to have that heated wheel on cold mornings. I've since sold the M550i and now drive a 2023 GMC Denali truck that has pretty much all the tech and luxury that the M550i had. The new truck has a setting to automatically turn on the heated wheel and driver's seat heater based on the temperature outside when the truck is started. I have to say, I have come to like it. I still don't think I'd spend the money, especially BMW money, to retrofit the feature on a car that wasn't built with it originally. Wait until BMW makes that heated wheel a subscription service.
I agree. The automatic setting to turn on Heated Steering Wheel, Heated, and/or Ventilated Seats based on temperature is very nice. I use that on my G30 for sure.

I also wouldn’t retrofit the heated wheel, but I also have a PHEV where the heated wheel is usually redundant as I can preheat the car and it isn’t cold or hot once I get in.
Appreciate 0