View Single Post
      04-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #6
Titan2004
Private
Rep
Drives: M550i/M50i/488/Maybach/RR

Here are some backside pics of M550 OEM rear diffuser.

First, remove screws from bottom edge of diffuser using socket #8. Very easy to do and don't forget the ones on the farthest, bottom edges.

Next, start on the drivers side and pull diffuser straight out with a quick tug. You can reach your hands underneath and/or inside exhaust cut out for best grips. There are 2 clips on the vertical edges. Start with bottom and work up to second clip. Quick, sudden pulls work best.

Once the first side of diffuser is loose you can use a push - pull method and work your way across the top applying slight pressure to the bumper with one hand as you give a quick tug at each diffuser clip with the other. Pulling on diffuser at a point away from a clip and without applying some pressure on the bumper increases chances of clips breaking.

Once all top clips are removed, the passenger side vertical clips along the edge should be easy to remove.

As you remove the diffuser, try to keep it straight and level until fully removed. This will reduce the chances of clips breaking.

I had mine wrapped so that is the black vinyl you see in the pics around the edges.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Rotherd311188.00
maDjzo872.00