04-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #100
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
I think the doc was sharing his own opinion - people are still allowed to have them right?
Yes he does, I am just sharing mine. Are we allow to disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forshiggles View Post
No, he's got a point...... As stunning and exciting as the M5 is to drive, it's undeniable that its not a car you can relax in. Having owned E39/E60/F10 M5's and 535d's, it's the 535 that you can drive everyday. The power and delivery of the 535 is always there, whereas you have to work the m5 to get the kick (huge as it is). EG - short overtake on single carriageway..... 535 you can just plant the foot and go, whereas the M5 needs to change down, rev high then go..... aroun town, it just feels to 'on edge', reflected by lots of reviewers. You might be a 'special' driver, who knows, but given the choice for a 535/m550 or an M5 for long drives, I, along with most, would walk past the M.
So the power and delivery for the 535d is always there but you have to warm up the M5? So you are saying the 535d is more responsive then the M5 since you have to configure it in order to get it to perform. What is there to work? Both cars you just plant your foot in the petal and the car goes. When it comes to long drives I would prefer the m5 over the 535d/M550i. The car is more luxurious than either of the two and can perform as a race car at the drop of a hat.
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0