View Single Post
      10-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #16
denial
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

adc,

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if the odd rear floating feeling is gone or not. The only roads I've been playing on are very smooth. My gut says that this has improved, but I'll keep and extra eye on it in the coming weeks as I drive it around more.

No comment on comparisons to the E46 suspension package. Cars I have for comparison are an older Prelude (yellow Koni's / GC coilovers) and an Evo (Ohlins R/T, Works plates front and rear). In fact this is the first RWD car I've owned.

That being said, I think the major benefit of buying this setup is the whole warranty + install it and forget it factor + large improvement over stock. I am quite confident that TC Kline / KW / Ohlin etc all are far superior kits measured in both handling, ride quality, and cost effectiveness. However, with my Ohlins setup I had to take them off every so often to get revalved...the camber plates started to rust...the pillow balls started to squeak over time...I just got tired of the little things. But if you plan on tracking the car, in general, it would seem like the aftermarket route would be better allowing for custom spring rates, alignment, and adjustable valving (to tailor for specific track conditions).

Duckw,

I'd be VERY interested in seeing how the car performs with just a new front sway. For whatever reason I think that the majority of my current setup can be attributable to a larger front sway. Do keep us posted if you pursue that route.

Phiberglass,

Yeah, I wanted just a touch lower too to be honest. As far as wheels are concerned, looking to maybe pick up a set of Empower wheels if they are ever made. I really would like to run 245/265's without issues.
Appreciate 0