02-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #18
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You are in a position I certainly don't envy.

Just recently as my mother was passing, we were given some literature in the hospital. The biggest comfort I gained from it was the idea to 'Let go and Let be" I think there might have been a copyright issue with Let IT be. But from that I was able to know my mom was going to pass, and I still had things I both needed and wanted to do. Each afternoon, if I was in the hospital, I just told my mom I needed to go do my chores, and I'd go home and take care of the dog and the chickens, take out the trash, etc. I'd spend a few hours on weekends doing my outdoor things.

The difference was that I had the opportunity to drive 2 miles and see her at the end of my chores.

We might need to see pics of "friend" to make a final recommendation Happy VD!

(attempts to inject some humor to lighten the load)
Unfortunately I work and live about 45 miles away from my parents so this has been very disrupting to my work. The M3's fuel economy certainly doesn't help. And no! This is strictly a friend I am traveling with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Sorry to hear this.

PET scans are rarely used in the setting of Colorectal Cancer. Cancer cells have higher metabolic activity and will uptake Glucose at a faster rate than the average cell. This is how the Docs can see where else the cancer is in the body.

Once there is seeding to the peritoneum it's very difficult to stop its course. Even resecting the primary cancer won't really provide long-term survival benefit, but can aid with symptomatic relief.
I think the call for the PET scan comes from CT scan impression notes #2 and #3, which point to "likely" signs of tumors in the peritoneal and liver, respectively. My hope is that the tumor they've identified in the peritoneal is just scar tissue from his past hernia surgery.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50