View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #174
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
The US Federal government (FRED site) just released consumer credit data moments ago. Vehicle loans are at an all time record.

Alfisti I agree unemployment is at an all time high. This also needs to be taken together with all data about the velocity and direction of the economy.

Many of the "unemployed" have not lost their jobs permanently. They have filed a claim for unemployment compensation, are receiving said compensation, and will be recalled to work by their employer. In the interim, many of these people I am speaking of are receiving healthcare benefits (insurance) from their employers, as if they were working a normal schedule. I know this from first hand experience among people I know.

Conclusion - don't fight the tape. The tape in this case is the stream of economic data supporting the notion that a price crash in used high performance German 4 doors is not on the horizon. The reasons for absence of a crash can be debated ad infinitum. The fact remains that prices haven't crashed, and in my view are unlikely to crash.

This is the only interest I have in this thread, whether or not I can pick up a recent model German hot rod for cheap.
Appreciate 0