Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
It was also a track that was mostly 2nd & 3rd gear so sliding the car around a lot is very easy to do.I suspect that on a faster track like big Mosport,MDM on would be a lot less intrusive.The MDM is a welcome safety net for those that wish to use it.
As mentioned by many of you, I really do think MDM is the good setting for those who are intermediate or new to a particular track. IMO DSC ON should be used for those that are jumping on a track for the first time; at least until confidence/logged hours are built up.

I do think MDM will save your ass, but as some have stated, it still does shave speed off the car; especially when getting on the gas post turn in....it was kicking in still more than i would have preferred...but i still did appreciated it more than not; and did not have the balls just yet to go full DSC off.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that DSC in MDM tends to kick in at times in a contradicting fashion. What i mean by that is, MDM will let you throw the back out and break the rear lose to a point and under certain circumstances. However, I did encounter times when I was coming in very hot to a turn, would brake very late, or even trail brake(lol) while turning, and then gas hard during/post apex....DSC would come on......despite the back not sliding out, simply just changing dynamics quickly. I think this is attributed to the calculation settings of the DSC programming taking into account speed, braking, steering, etc etc, all at the same time.....the car probably thought i was trying to avoid an accident and starting cutting power

Anyhow, food for thought!

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 06-26-2008 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 0