hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Ah, no, Aventurine is a selected paint from BMW's individual color palette they make available regularly, but for more money than usual black sapphire metallic or glacier silver etc.

BMW Individual paint, or really anything custom, is part of BMW Individual. Like Lambo Ad Personam, McLaren MSO, or Porsche Manufaktur.

BMW individual will take $8,000-15,000 of your money and will paint your car any color you want, within reason. You'll see posts about M5Comps in Individual Nardo Gray (an Audi color). That is a 'common' individual color, that bmw licenses from Audi. Similarly how you can get a Rosso Corsa (Ferrari) or Verde Mantis (Lambo) paint. But you'll pay. Look up the BMW Individual configuratior website. That'll show what's in the usual rotation for individual. Those will cost $$$, but are already all pre approved for each model. If you wanted something else or totally custom, they'll do it. But it will take forever and cost a fuck ton of money.

Check out some of Shmee 150's videos on his loaner M5 and his personal M8 Comp. he goes to BMW M / Individual HQ for custom parts. That's all available if you're willing to spend the $.
ahh ok I think I got it. It sounds like they update the order guide with “discounted” individual colors from season to season but you can pay more whenever you want to get whatever you want. Like how Rhodonite was $2k for MY2020 but would be $$$$$ now (of which that specific color I didn’t see on the individual configuration...).

and I’ll check the vids too - thanks for the reference!

Super helpful
Happy to help, I've done a lot of research into Individual and Porsche PTS paint, but can never bring myself to justify the $.

But, basically, yeah.

Tanzanite used to be individual, now it's $1500 semi individual paint on some models. Aventurine was like that, and is one of the 'common' individual paints on the m550i. But as you said, you could throw a lot of money at the problem and get whatever color you want. The old adage of 'pay to play' is very much in effect here haha
Appreciate 0