View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #126
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
No, of course not. But if you have real data from recent multiple offers from dealers, then that might help the rest of us if you share it rather than just criticising our deals.

Me, I asked for quotes from 5 of the closest dealers to me and 2 more from large market dealers in the Southeast, and of course, went with the best one. And when I say "best one" in each case, I tell them that they can do better (playing them against each other) and wait for their "best price". And even then there's almost always more money to get - but there is also a limit on how much time I can spend doing this. And often cars get sold before I can get the deal done. So when someone tells me that I could have done better, well, I just don't know how.
Not sure what to tell you bro. I still see lot of people only posting their monthly payments and being oblivious about their selling price.

Personal quote since that is what you asked. This is from last week over the phone with a dealership I have bugged a lot about test drives

2019 540i well optioned NEW (9 miles? on ODO)
MSRP : 69K
36 month/10k miles/yr lease
665/month including 9% California taxes
$0 down, acquisition upfront.

This is accounting for all lease incentives built into the price. I was offered $1000 below invoice BEFORE incentives and I was not satisfied on price with an on the lot, ~5 month old car.

So when I see your deal and the fact that you mention trade-in value, I am made to believe dealer may have screwed your deal one way or the other.

Also, I do not know if you actually pay tax on full price of the car, in which case 24 month lease makes little sense finances wise.

I see my recent posts, yeah I am calling out the bad deals because I see them left and right. Not sure if I help much here, I am learning as the market changes from 3-6-9 years ago being my lease cycle.

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50