VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
SO I had a warning come on letting me know I needed air in my tires. Most likely caused by the cooler temperatures we have been having.

I added the correct amount of PSI to bring the cold PSI to 35/41 as per the door sticker.

The next morning I got the warning again but figured I needed to drive it to get it to reset the system, that is how my previous Infiniti worked. The next morning, I got to work and the warning was still showing add air, yet the display showed the proper PSI.

I called the dealer and they said it was strange and to stop in when I could and they would look at it.

I did a google search and found a video that you need to do a reset and then drive as the system calibrates itself. goes form 0%-100% and only calibrates while moving.

Took 20 minutes of driving to complete.

To reset the warning Go to

My Vehicle-Vehicle Status-Tire Pressure Monitor-Click reset (or calibrate) and the percentage will display. If you stop, it says drive off to complete reset.

I'm posting this because its different than any other system I have used that just re re-learned without a reset.
I've had this happen once. What I did to solve the problem was change the tire size in iDrive, exit, and change the tire size back and it reset successfully.
Appreciate 0