View Single Post
      06-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #77
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Lucky for you there will be no $150k priced next generation M6 Gran Coupe. No, there will be no next gen 6-series at all, well not counting the all new ridiculous 6-Series GT. Nope instead, BMW has chosen to create the 8-Series which will have a Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe version. And we will get ///M models of each. And they will all feature the same S63xx engine we've been using since the E70 X5M. And all of the 8 ///M models will have the new ///M xDrive system the new F90 M5 is getting. And because we went from 6 to 8, you can expect a heftier price increase from the old now discontinued 6-Series. That's the bad news. So yeah if we think a $140k F90 M5 is bad, just wait until you see a fully loaded ///M8 Gran Coupe exceed $170k! Now that's Porsche Panamera Turbo S money.

Jesus....but not surprised. It's funny b/c the Panamera depreciates very much like a BMW, though used turbos remains stubbornly high. Lucky for me, I'm aiming for a preowned F06 M6 GC! lol, I'll take the 50% residual for a 3 year old car with 40k miles, thank you very much leasee #1.