LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
This appears to be a confusing reply. Yes, RSU not available in 2020 G30. What will they announce via connected drive? Reads like two things were asked that resulted in this reply.

I wouldn't hold your breath for RSU in a 2020 G30.
I don't think anyone can say definitively what's coming or not coming in regards to the update. You keep reminding everyone that you're 100% certain it won't come, but where do you get this exacting response?

BMW has pitched RSU as required for the new functionality in iDrive 7 such as the personal assistant and updated navigation functionality. MY2020 G30 has these features that were announced on the LCI already. This adds room for BMW to add RSU to the G30 to support keeping those features working over the intended lifespan of the car.

That doesn't mean they'll add new features with an RSU or that an RSU on the G30 would be as comprehensive as an RSU on the LCI (for instance, maybe the RSU would be limited to updating iDrive systems, but not capable of updating modules on the car that were only updated for the LCI).

But I don't think it can be definitely said that RSU or even AA won't come for MY2020 cars...

I stick by my advice to anyone planning to purchase a car (as I have since purchasing mine last year) look at what is on the car now and assume it won't change so you don't buy a car without a feature you want, but I'm optimistic that BMW will update the car for AA next month or so and possibly RSU as well. But I already own my car so I'm on the train no matter what
Appreciate 0