VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malruk View Post
Had safelite replace my windshield with OEM replacement. I'd highly recommend having this done at your dealership vs. safelite even if safelite is the one who does it for your dealership. Let your dealership be the middle man because they will make sure its done right the first time.

First visit to safelite - wanted to use aftermarket glass
Second visit from safelite - installed OEM glass - couldn't not perform re-calibration due to the area we were in (they came to my office in the city)
Third visit to safelite - three different techs tried to calibrate the car, all three failed
Fourth visit to BMW dealer because safelite sent me - Dealer realized they didn't replace rain sensor, and front camera system in mirror was installed incorrectly - dealer fixed install but safelite refused to allow them to replace rain sensor
Fifth visit from safelite at the BMW dealer - safelite installs new rain sensor, and BMW successfully re-calibrates the system.

After talking with my advisor at the dealership, they actual replace all their glass in house. Next time I'll be starting there.

Just sharing one experience, if you have all the driving and parking nannies.
That's exactly why the dealership is the only place I go for any service work. Only one place to blame if something doesn't go right with the repair.
Appreciate 2
530iDriver1707.50
malruk11.00