View Single Post
      04-09-2021, 11:19 PM   #79
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisto540 View Post
Flashed bootmod3 a couple weeks back and it has been a wild ride.

Initial flash went fine and car was driving fine in the Stage 1, 93 Octane, but then it got a little weird. First, my active air vents that have always been stuck open started throwing a code. That was the impetus behind my first support ticket. Then, as proTUNING Freaks were responding to that, I started getting a message in the car that it couldn't determine the oil status.

All of this started happening on Saturday, March 20, but proTuning Freaks were responding non-stop through the weekend so kudos to those guys! I had a remote session with them at the beginning of the work week and they cleared errors so that I could take it to the dealership for warranty work on the active vents. That took a week and a half to get an appointment but after finally getting that sorted last Thursday, I tried to reflash stage 1.

That was when it got really weird. Drivetrain malfunctions galore and the car stopped going into gear. Of course it was Easter weekend so I didn't expect much in the way of support until today but, once again, the guys at proTuning Freaks responded to my support tickets over the weekend so that I had a remote coding session first thing this morning. Needless to say, I was stressing all weekend because my car was an incredibly expensive paperweight and my wife was out of town so take-out was on the menu, haha.

So this morning Serge freaking killed it in the best way possible. Completely sorted every issue and set me up for success when I flashed back to stage 1.

All that to say that bootmod3 made my car incredible. I haven't gotten that excited driving a car since I test-drove a 2016 M4. My hands were literally shaking afterwards! Highly recommend this tune!

Also to say that proTuning Freaks absolutely stands behind their product and will help you if something goes awry. Can't say that enough.
Glad you got it resolved. I flashed bm3 stage 2 on my 2018 540i yesterday and after the flash, my car wasnt going into gear either. I got scared quickly but decided to flash it again. After the 2nd time, everything worked perfectly. Car feels amazing. Only issue i'm having now is the engine oil status. I emailed bm3 support and pretty confident based on these posts that itll be resolved quickly. Bm3 ftw!
Appreciate 0