View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 03:56 AM   #29
madmax240
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Because many "fans" don't give a damn about or enjoy watching hard racing, unfortunately. These are the same people arguing that Vettel should've received the penalty for unsafe re-entry. They seem to want technology to win races in clean drama free fashion, rather than with the drivers pushing over-the-limit in battle.

Spoken like someone who doesn't like LH. LH wins because he's plainly faster than every other driver on the grid.

I read somewhere else that they should have a race with all the drivers in a Merc.
Doesn't have to be a Merc. I'm sure Williams would take the money to build 20 cars to have all the drivers in equal machinery.

once WDC and WCC are decided, everyone drives a Williams. Williams gets money, other teams can start work on next years car.

If you ask me, there are 2 fundamental things wrong with F1 right now.
1) aero - can't follow close enough. I'm no aero guy but at the speeds F1 reaches, aero is important to not crash, so smaller cars, because they punch a smaller hole in the air.

2) tracks. Paul Ricard is a test track not a race track. they should race at tracks more like Spa. I also like the A1 ring (but too short), Nordschleife (too bumpy for f1), Laguna Seca. organic tracks have a flow that drivers can drive by feel.

and refuelling is not the answer.
Appreciate 0