12-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Suri_
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Megane RS250 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Haha, suri, that's so true. To be fair, as I said, there are quite a number of good female drivers here (you included, assuming you are female?) but it's those C9s I have to watch out for.

This raises an interesting point, I'm sure you guys have been to the bmw dealer at Wan Chai and Hunghom, have you notice any difference with the Mercedes in CWB and the Audi dealer at admirality? Do BMW emphasis more on the driving experience then Mercedes and Audi? Or do they just sell solely on luxury and brand image like the other two German marques and Lexus? If they focus solely on luxury, then you know that the market do not care much about the performance and handling of bmws. Now I know there are many bimmer fans in HK, after all, there is this forum. But, how many of us comprise bmw's market in HK? How much larger are the "show off tai tai" market segment? To what extent does BMW hk target them as their main customers as oppose to us? I know where I came from, BMW is very strong in emphasizng their driving focus as the ultimate driving machine, because a large segement of the market go for BMWs because of it's sporty nature.
The market in Hong Kong is for ''luxury fans'' forsho.That's why you can see 120i all around in HK.I'm not saying 120i is not good,it's just...you know,If a person really enjoy driving,he/she wont pick 120i indeed
I can see ppl in BMW showrooms and road shows are all caring about the outlook,''Am I looking good when I sit inside?'',not everyone really care about the machine BMW really got.
But the thing is,Mercedes got a ton of fans like this too,A150...
and those S-Class C9s we talked about.
When the 1series out,I was like...errr,why?BMW is now collecting Honda Jazz's fans!?But as in business,that's good!even Jazz's owner might start thinking about to join the BMW family.
We can stick the reason why we get BMW and why we like it,just have to ingore the huge group of Show off ppl...

and yes,Im female
Appreciate 0