Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
You need to be careful, do the math, and make sure you're not expecting too much...
To explain further, I see a lot of threads where members post sales numbers vs the msrp and their deal looks fantastic - until you start to deconstruct it. Rebates, incentives, discounts, whatnot, all get thrown in together and can make the deal seem artificially impressive - when it's really not. Unless you are looking at the actual lease agreement, you should take other's deals with several grains of salt.

If you look at the $60,863 price, that is AFTER $4500 in rebates. So, the selling price of the car is $65,363. Given that the invoice on my car is roughly 93.8% of MSRP, using the same math, his invoice is roughly $65,983. In essence, he paid $620 below invoice.

That is really the gist of what you need to look at, because everyone is entitled to the same rebates if you are eligible for them. And anyone can pay more "down payment" or cap reduction to get their monthly payments down, again, to an artificial number.

I believe $620 below invoice is marginally fair. But I also know there was a fair amount more that could have been negotiated off the actual selling price of the car, before leasing was even discussed. Which, by the way, is the ONLY way to negotiate a deal.

With that being said, there are too many factors that can dictate a dealer's price (specific model, your location, time of the year, day of the month, etc). It's nearly impossible for all of us to be on the same page. Also, after seeing other’s deals, there is a preconception that you should be in a particular price neighborhood. So while I know many do, I don’t really feel it is appropriate to publicly discuss the deal received. I don't want anyone walking in to see my CA and saying, "Hey, I know you gave someone $XXXX off on their car, I want the same!"

Please note, I am NOT singling armanm's deal out in any way. Armanm, I apologize if it appears that way. I am just using it as an example of what I've just explained.
Appreciate 1
G30 B581546.50