bastula
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Ten View Post
I would be interested in learning more about this. Can the parts be bought through a BMW dealer? You can often get a decent discount from a friendly dealer. While I understand some folks like their red tail lights I personally do like the amber turn signals. I like the appearance but I also think it is a safety issue. More than once over the years I have thought a car was turning only to discover that it just had one brake light out and was pumping the brakes. With amber there is no confusion. Amber for turn and warning signals; red for brakes and running lights. Had a 2001 Audi A6 which had red taillights. In 2002 they switched to amber turn signals, so I just bought a set of 2002 taillights and swapped them out since the bodies were the same. Keep us posted on your progress.--Bob
I agree with your points. So far no dice from dealerships as this is a Euro-spec part which is not listed in the US catalog. I think it will have to be an import. As soon as I find a reputable source, I will post back here.
Mediterranean Blue with Ivory White Nappa, Gray Poplar, Driving Assistance Plus, Premium, Exec, Parking Assistance, Heated Steering, Front+Rear Heated Seats, 20" Individual V-Spoke wheels 759i, 19" Style 786M winter wheels, Euro Amber Rear Turn Signals
335i Coupe - Retired
Appreciate 0