View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #7
w4termelon
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M sport 40d

I think gesture control in car is far more user friendly than touch screens. Touch screen can not be used safely in a car because you need to look at the screen when you want to touch it, because you have no feedback on what you are actually doing. Also, the I drive screen is too far from the driver, and again it will distract you from what you should really look at. On the other hand, gestures can be performed with no need to see where your fingers exactly are. Today, this is correct that gestures are basic, but in the future, when gesture control will become more and more developped, we can even imagine that a standard will emerge and shared by all brands, meaning that you don't even need to learn anything when ou switch from one car to another, it will be completely intuitive. Even today, using traditional knobs on dashboard requires an adaptation period to mentally record where buttons are without looking at it. For instance, I don't really use shortcuts (1 -8 buttons where you can customize a dedicated action ) on daily basis because it s hard to click on them without looking at it or on the screen. With gesture we could imagine that a user can define its own gestures as shortcut to specific features, and reuse these shortcut on any car brand.
Appreciate 1
ZigmundUK443.00