12-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Is this what XI handling feels like?

I took the coupe for some spirited runs through the places I test out my cars. Mainly highway off ramps and empty malls parking lots with lots of tight turns.

The car basically felt like it was driving on water. The wheels where firmly planted, but the top half of the car felt like it was floating around. Taking a hard turn, the back felt like it was wiggling.

The whole car felt floaty. It didnt feel like it was point and shoot. During tight turns I felt that any little bump or movement of the steering wheel would take me into the guard rail.

I know people have complained about the xi suspension, but Im trying to understand if what im complaining about is the suspension. I want the car to feel like its stuck to the wheels. Not floating on top of them. Is the floaty feeling the high ride height or non sport suspension or something else? My GTI and G35 seemed to handle the turns in a more gokart like fashion. So I dont want to complain. I just want to know if the feeling I had was what everyone else considered the bad suspension?

Last edited by deletedelete; 12-22-2008 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0