Gautam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
Saw the post early this morning and I said to myself I gotta be on my computer to write what Joe beat me to it.
I picked up a 2017 540i CPO last year and I'm loving every second of it. I did not get extended CPO warranty and mine ended on march 2022. That's a very personal decision, but in my case I don't see a huge maintenance thing happening that cost more than the warranty in the next 1.5 years. So I decided to keep that money and risk it.
Although I, like most people in the forum, do recommend the tire and rim insurance. I didn't get it for mine and already spend more than half of a 4 year tire and rim warranty on one tire pop.

I recommend MPPSK or a BM3 stage 1 tune with an after market exhaust to wake up the beast inside a little if you want a little flair so to speak.

All around an amazing car. If I go back, I would still pick up the same exact car and the only thing I would do differently is the tire and rim warranty. I opted in for a spare wheel after the fact; it was expensive and it took some of the trunk for sure but I always have it filled with my tool box and my golf bag (even had two golf bags there) and those Costco runs fills it up a ton but I never had to use the rear seats for anything. I'd say it's still pretty big considering.

Don't have kids but I often have friends sitting in the back. I'm 6' 1", my partner is 5' 10" and our friends are 1-2 inches possibly shorter. We both have saved two sitting positions on memory; one for when we are alone and we both like to ride as low as possible which tends to make the rear tight and the other a very comfortable high position with 2 people real comfortable in the back. I've done more than 5 long trips with my friends and everyone was real happy with the ride and although they have a SUV they prefer our seats better.

If I were you, I make sure I get Nappa leather, vented front seats and comfort seats. They make a huge huge difference in your ride quality in my opinion.
Echoing your experience. Don’t have kids or pets but was seriously considering the x5. Overall we found it to have no real advantage vs the 5er. The rear seats actually feel more comfortable on the 5 imho. Have had many happy rear passengers as well.
Appreciate 1
NGT25704.50