03-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #141
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Only DCT drivers who came from MT background will agree with me on this; if you like rowing your own gears then get a DCT!
I guarantee you that DCT drivers change gears significantly more than MT for same distance and same traffic. I once was an MT driver and under certain situations I cut corners, I take a turn on third gear not second when it would have been better done on second. I accelerated after slowing down on fourth when I should have dropped to third for 20 seconds. I've been in this DCT for 4 years/70K and this behavior has completely disappeared. If I want to drop a gear for 7 seconds then back where I was, so be it, I do it. I ALWAYS take turns in the appropriate gear and even slowing down to a red light my gears are coming down with me just in case the green light pops up. It is in fact more engaging. Then add the faster factor, no miss shifts and the option of using it as automatic when absolutely needed (coffee, having to hold your hyperactive dog in passenger seat till you get home
So you got lazy; not all of us are like you. I enjoy and look forward to driving a manual and trying to achieve the perfect shift every time. If you want an automatic, get a Benz or a Buick.
Appreciate 0