Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Does your post reflect the value of the Australian dollar vs. US dollar? $ 100,000 US dollars is currently worth $ 135,528 Australian dollars so the $150,000 is high but not outrageously high.

Of course, if you did the conversion, then the discrepancy is dramatic.
I'm not sure a car with my specification would cost in the USA, 100K is just a guess. Looking at dealer prices at US BMW dealers on line I would think it would be well under 100K as I have seen tricked up M550 for 80K and M540's for high 60's but not knowing the specification level its hard to judge. That's why I listed my car level in some detail as some one may have bought similar and could offer guidance.

The dealer RRP for my car, based purely on the book price for the car with options was $203,000, I then talked the dealer down to $161 and change. Not happy with that price I gave the spec to a broker who got me the car for $150,00.

But looking t pricing here and there, we are 30% more expensive taking exchange rates into account - I would guess
One thing to remember - US pricing you see online never includes state and local taxes (equivalent of VAT in Europe) which differ by state and how the vehicle is purchased (purchase vs lease). Some models also have additional fees such a gas guzzler tax. Finally exchange rates fluctuate over the years and salaries - take home pay levels - are completely different between countries and that is not even considering where that take home pay has to go to. Global companies that want to remain global need to consider all these including the importance of a market based on volume.

Point being, just looking at a price at a specific point in time at a different country without considering a lot of other variables makes little sense and it is too simplistic.
Appreciate 1
Symo60.50