10-25-2023, 05:15 PM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedliver View Post
I agree. Most figures for 2020+ puts them at 480-490WHP so likely closer to 550HP at the crank assuming 10-11% loss.

The figures seem reasonable overall and it's good to see the torque is managed to around 700lb-ft to prevent bendy rods.

I was going to say the dragy numbers aren't great, but the DA is pretty bad so these are definitly worst case. I'd expect the stock and 93 numbers to be 0.5 seconds better with a good DA. Personally I've done 11.6@120 stock and 11.45@122 with xHP, but on a prepped strip, as it's too dangerous to my licenses to do it on the street (criminal offence) Not so sure about the E85 number though.

And super interesting re: E85 given a lot of internet wisdom says E50 is the max. A hell of a lot easier to just run a tank of E85 instead of trying to work it all out. It would be a lot safer with a flex fuel kit (come on BM3).
2000 DA here in the deep south where humidity is almost always 80% or higher and temps are typically hotter in general is about as best case scenario as we get around here. As a result nearly everyone will be able to pull better numbers than what we are able to do. The dragy data does illustrate the huge improvements from stock to tuned though. Dropping a second and picking up 7 MPH in the quarter on pump gas and then dropping another half second and picking up another 10 MPH just switching to E85 is "solid" if you ask me. Given -- biased.
Appreciate 0