10-26-2023, 07:50 AM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason526 View Post
Ok now I get it, your explanation is great. I was focused on the delta between the wheel and crank torque but the crank numbers are only factored so they are not material. I find it very interesting the difference between the tuning approaches between Carbahn and Dinan. Carbahn increased their torque by only 9% and you have increased your torque by 26%. That is a massive difference Dinan wheel torque at 688 lbs and Carbahn at 583 lbs. It seems the Carbahn tune is much more conservative. By the way, to get your tune done I was quoted $1,565 by one of your authorized dealers. $700 for the tune and $860 to pull the ecu and mail it both ways. Thought I'd tell you so you'll understand why folks are asking to have another way to flash rather than pulling the ECU. The tune price of $700 is very reasonable, but I'm not going to pay almost $900 to have someone pull the ECU and mail it....Crazy. And no I don't feel comfortable pulling it out myself....
Understood on the alternatives. Alternative delivery system is being worked on/addressed but ultimately the solution is tied to the larger problem with 2021+ vehicles so its been a slow go to put it mildly. The calibration for the 2020 was done though and had an option to release (bench flash) so we decided to throw it out there knowing full well it would be an uphill climb for any meaningful adoption. More of a carrot to let folks know we are working on the stuff and what we can deliver is competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntech View Post
Is remote start working with this reflash?
Tis my understanding that remote start was not an option with the 20MY. Neither of our development cars had the option though so nothing has been tested specifically on the M550i. That said, if the option does exist it more then likely can be retained using the same process/patch for keeping remote start we utilize on other G chassis vehicle flashes.
Appreciate 0