Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Well, the Speed commentators are pretty close to being functionally retarded, so it doesn't surprise me that they missed the penalty call.After listening to Martin Brundle, David Coulthard, and Eddie Jordan call the races, I just can't even stand to listen to Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett. The guys on Speed just sound so uninformed about the sport they are commentating on. Yes Hobbs drive an F1 car 40 years ago, and Matchett used to turn a wrench on one 15+ years ago, but they have NO current experience with this sport and the cars. Listening to Varsha talk about F1 is like listening to someone who just read his first Autosport magazine telling you all about F1.
so true, the biggest diff btwn the two broadcast, is SPEED just relays information, while the BBC explain why is happening.

One example I can think of, there was a radio message from RBR to Webber about his KERS, Varsha then basically repeats the message word for word and then goes on to talk about what KERS is. While the DC on the other hand, went on to explain the reason why they wanted Webber only using KERS in certain situations

As Martin Brundle said, DC is such a good commentator, cause he was recently in an F1 car and know whats going on from a drivers perspective, while Hobbs, Matcheett and Varsha are just regular spectators like any of us
Appreciate 0