View Single Post
      03-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Hey Guys,

We finished our first day and had a blast. The day was so packed and intense that I'm having trouble keeping it straight in my head.

We drove 335i sedans and Z4 coupes today. I don't have to tell you that the 335s can really go. Several of the exercises require you to get up to speed from a standing start in a limited space and this car has no problem doing so. The car feels like my 328 in terms of handling, but it goes a hell of a lot quicker.

We visited the skid pad twice, including a "rat race" with two cars on the pad racing against each other, abs exercises, lane change (high pucker factor), and slalom in both the 335 and Z4. It's nice to see that everyone got better as the day progressed and no one died. Lots of cones gave their life for the greater good, though.

More fun tomorrow--we get to drive whichever BMWs we want. They'll have to pry me out of the M5. More skip pad and slalom work, double lane change, and a visit to the off-road course in X3s.

Dean told me in a PM that I wouldn't have to worry about night life after the first day--I'd be too tired. He was right. All that adreneline knocks you out. I'm going to crash and it's only 9 pm.

Rich
Appreciate 0