View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #52
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

My dealer kept telling me about a "lock" they could put in that would secure financing incentives (in my case, APR and rebates since I was purchasing; I assume it would be MF and rebates for a lease), but that the lock would only last 30 or 60 days. I forget which.

Because I had an individ order, we knew up front that it would be well more than 60 days before I took delivery, so they were very open up front that they would try to do better, but if everything just got worse they might only be able to offer the best incentives from the 60 days leading up to delivery.

By the time I did my paperwork, I think both APR and rebates had gotten worse. They ended up honoring the original rebates but had to float my APR up to the current best promo rate - it was like 0.25% difference so not too worried. I don't know whether they added their own discount to cover the rebate difference or if they had some way of collecting on that from BMW, but the final number I walked out with was what I'd expected from day 1, so I don't really care where that extra $1k came from as long as it wasn't my pocket.

TL;DR - I think the dealers can only hold incentives for so long, but mine was at least pretty transparent about it and kept me informed, which I appreciated. I didn't walk out of there feeling like I was getting duped.

Of course, their own discounts and sale price prior to BMW incentives were 100% locked in, written down, and signed off on from the moment I placed my order.
Appreciate 0