United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
I do not think you are correct. All v8s in BMW (except M5) up until now are N63B44M3￿engine which has 456 HP and 480 lb torque. Clearly stated in all BMW manuals and materials.
BMW is widely known to underrate HP figures at times and with the G30 M550iX that appears to have happened in a larger way. The stock engine has been dyno'd at 540 HP and 595 TRQ (including on a Mustang Dyno). That same engine can obviously be tuned to deliver power in large bands and it appears the M550 got the treatment that other cars did not at the time (I suspect t was related to the then still incoming M5). The Dinan Stage 1 was dyno'd at 590 HP, a 50 HP increase over the stock figures attained.

What is unclear is if the new engine is simply being more accurate with HP figures now that now the M5 is out, or it also is underrated and may be good for more.
I hope it's the same engine because it would drive me absolutely nuts considering I just bought a new 2019. I don't need the power - scratch that - yes I do.

It's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it!
Appreciate 0