03-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #14
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
Ive noted that my 520d coolant was low, no warning light as yet. But marked it with a pen yesterday when cold so i can keep an eye on it. Mine is circa 30k miles but not had low level warning lights in that time.
Few weeks after I said this, mine flagged up the low coolant warning.

I contacted the dealer who stated it was normal...no I don't think so pal.

Yesterday it dropped again, along with rough startup so I called BMW who came out. He had to top up the coolant again and was concerned that it was losing coolant! He then called ahead for a courtesy car.

Fast forward to today, no fault could be found apparently. So I kicked up a wee bit and told them if that's the case, I want it in writing and some validity on the statement for when the warranty is out so I am not landed with a big bill in 1.5 years and also when it drops again, BMW assistance will be out to top it up so they can record it themselves. This sort of raised some eye brows. I never really act like this as I know they have guidelines, but I explained I was not buying the explanation as my last 20 D's didn't use coolant so what has changed?

They raised a ticket and BMW are now replacing the EGR cooler, car will be away for a few weeks now as they are on backlog.

Also, exhaust rubbers have split, so they are being replaced too.

Just thought I would keep you updated.