Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I’m glad to see you moving forward with this idea - I know I had some negative comments early in the thread but I better understand what you’re doing now and it makes great sense for the target market, etc.

Years ago I looked into alternatives to stick built homes, and was particularly interested in factory built wall panels (could be wood frame or foam core, or whatever). What I learned about home building was that the foundations are never quite right not level, square, etc, so stick building in the field allows the framers to compensate and deliver a square and plumb home. Solving the foundation issue was (then, I haven’t followed up in years) key to being able to economize on the rest of the construction process. Your approach, using square and true steel containers, bypasses this concern entirely.
No worries!

You are 100% correct on the wall panels. There is a place for them but that is in the Land of Flat, Square, and True. In other words, not the real world, imho.

In addition to the square and true nature of the container, there can be additional tuning to piers or more naturally on a concrete slab.

Thanks for your input!!

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0