View Single Post
      07-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #4
vmcllc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Faster Than The Speed Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Hi Chad. Questions then... 3mm and 5mm, I assume no hubcentric extension? What about the others?
You are correct that the spacers themselves are not hubcentric, but I have drawings and got quotes to manufacture hub extensions which alleviates any issue with the wheels now becoming non-hubcentric. But I only am having the spacers themselves machined until I see a demand for the hub extension. I want to offer low prices and to do that I must order in high volume which can be expensive...

Note: THIS IS ONLY FOR THE 3 & 5's. THE 10, 12, 15, & 18 ARE HUBCENTRIC...

Quote:
Do bolts come with these, or are they purchased separately?
Bolts are part of the package though you will have the option of removing the bolts if you wish, for those that run studs.[/quote]

Quote:
Are the bolts black? If not, will you have the black covers for them?
Yes, the bolts themselves will be coated black. We purchase large qty of bolts and send them to a Tier 1 supplier that coats products for the very same BMW that you drive...these are topcoated per BMW spec...so you know you are getting a quality coating.... So this is not close to the BMW finish IT IS THE BMW FINISH. Also I think it's very important to mention that we purchase the best bolts on the market, these are not some no name brand bolts made in China...these are manufactured in Germany by a leading bolt manufacturer of wheel bolts. I will release name of manufacturer once these kits are released for sale...so don't worry, you will know who it is...

I do want to point out that we as far as we know will be the only supplier of these wheel bolts coated black for one but coated to the same BMW wheel bolt spec. I talked with the manufacturer of these wheel bolts and they have no interest in coating them Black, so that is why I took it upon myself to have them coated because this is what I would want and I knew this is what the market wanted...

Quote:
What is part number 3 in the diagram above? It looks like you bolt the spacer on via the rotor retention bolt hole. Is that true? (never seen that before, but if it works, it might make alignment of mounting wheels easier)
Well that is exactly what that is...for spacer 10mm+ you will be supplied a grade 10.9 bolt that will allow you to bolt the spacer up to the wheel hub to make removing and installing your wheel spacer easy...I've seen people fumble around trying to jockey a 20+ lb wheel/tire while trying to keep the spacer on the hub and thought how ridiculous they didn't provide a means to fix the spacer to the hub...so we did...:w00t: This will make it much easier for installation..

Quote:
On 6/18 (3 weeks ago) you mentioned 4 weeks to go, and today "weeks to go". Do you have a timeframe for them being shippable?
:biggrin: They'll be finished getting machined next week..

UPDATE....the machine work won't be finished till the end of this month...that's how it goes sometimes.....

and originally that was all that was required + the bolts...but then I wanted these to be the best spacers on the market with a low price to go along with that...so I decided to have the spacers anodized on top of that...so that will consume about another week, then I am going to be out of town for the last week of this month..so the first these will be available will be the first week of August...and it will be at this time that I will release pricing.. My goal with these was the highest quality product at a low price.. Usually this doesn't go hand in hand...
Appreciate 0