View Single Post
      09-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #6
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ13-M235i View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking. Between the lower residual and like you said everything in the payments it seemed about right but I've gotten a fair amount of feedback saying I'm overpaying. Gonna have to start visiting some dealers again to cross check the payments.
You shouldn't need to cross check the payments, you can run the numbers you should be getting yourself with any lease calculator.

Figure out the money factor you were given (dealers can bump this up, or if your credit score is poor that may hurt you), and the total fees and taxes you've paid.

The residual value can be found on the forums.

Base a good deal (invoice price) on 7% off MSRP and figure out how far off you are from invoice.

If you need more specific info you can check the ordering forum here. Ultimately you should never sign a lease until you've taken a look at every one of the numbers in the calculation and made sure it is correct. I've had dealers try to inflate the bank fee, inflate the money factor, even inflate the cap cost at the last minute.

You take your eyes off them for one minute and they'll gladly throw the numbers around to make you think you're getting a good deal. Also the reason why to never trade in a car, it just mucks things up even further.