View Single Post
      01-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #39
Rodders2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

The post that keeps on giving!

I have wired my THiEYE Dashcam (link below) into my G30 using OP information above. Thank YOU.

The F59 was spot on and the Pillar removal and lower dash panels were easy enough to work around.

I was stumped at first, removing panels below glove box. There is a pop fastener you need to pop horizontally toward door prior to moving away from firewall. Then you can slide the base panel out from sliders that hold it.

Another couple experience pointers.

When installing Airbag pillar cover, the pop fasteners slide off cover. To line everything up, get pop fasteners on cover and look through windshield to... ‘find the holes’.

Also.

I found door gasket really stubborn. I fed power wire into chase where base of pillar cover and dash meet. With flashlight and measured length, I got lucky and wire was visible while I was inverted (upside down) under dash and could pull wire through with needle nose pliers. (That was 🍺 moment).

After living through head-on collision.... I value dashcams. I have had several traffic situations and pedestrian cases that were videos I could go back to if needed. (One was a kid who throws bottle cap at car and bounces of windshield).

I recommend getting 90* micro usb connector on mounting harness as well for pro installation.

https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Rec.../dp/B07M7GP6TH

Motor Up
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00