View Single Post
      02-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

My E92 335i got hit today...need Body shop refferal in Long Island or Queens

So as I was driving to work today I was heading north on mineola avenue in the left lane (2 lanes on each side of road plus 1 lane on each side for parking). I was not speeding I was doing between 35-40mph. I saw a car pulling out of a parking space on the left side (my side of street). Now I assumed that he was going to pull out into the right line (I am in the left) and go straight.

As I approached him he abruptly pulled out and attempted to make an illegal U-Turn cutting across two lines and a double yellow line...Well needless to say his illegal U-Turn was not successful because my car was in the way.

I have attached a few pics that I took with my Blackberry Pearl. I will try and take some good pics when I get home tonight.

Bottom line is....passenger door is pretty banged up with white and yellow paint all over it. Door also has a few minor creases on the top from the impact. Behind the door the quarter panel was hit pretty hard and may need to be replaced to be fixed properly. The rocker panel needs to be replaced and there is a slight scratch on my rear passenger wheel.

Can anyone refer me to a body shop in Queens or Long Island that can do the job right? The car is only 4 and a half months old and I am planning on buying it out at the lease end. So I really want to make sure it is fixed properly.

Your thoughts, referals and sympathy etc are all being accepted

I am really concerned about the quarter panel...The door can be replaced but I really do not want them to have to cut a whole quarter panel on the car as it will never be right..and If they bondo it...chances are it will look like shit.

If I can make money on this obviously that would be ideal but my main concern is getting it fixed and done right.

Also when I open the doorinside the jam it is pinched a little on the quarter panel side.
Attached Images

07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0