12-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #12
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Agree. Knock on wood, I have had a Mini Cooper S, a Porsche Cayman, an M4, and five motorcycles which have been driven all over the country without the need for a spare tire. I carry a DynaPlug kit, some tire goop, and an air pump. So far, so good. I have Goodyear RFT's on my new M550i, and don't dislike them so far. But, if they do not wear very well or I begin to have other problems, I will probably go with Michelin PS4S non-RFT for my next tire. If you are looking for all season, my wife has Michelin PS3AS on her E350, and they are fantastic.
I've had go-flat Michelin Pilot Sport variants on E46 330i (5 years and no flats), E90 M3 (7 years, no flats) and F30 340i (2 years) all without a spare. The only time I ever got a flat was when I had the OE run-flat Bridgestone S001 on the F30. Since switching to Michelin PS 4S on the F30, no flats. I carried a Continental Conti Comfort Kit 12V portable air compressor from Tire Rack and a plug kit in the F30.

My G30 540i was ordered with the spare tire so I can switch to go-flats, but also will carry the Conti Comfort Kit. I highly recommend go-flat tires and the Conti Comfort Kit or the BMW M Mobility Kit. As for tires, I've used Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my E39 5er and would expect the current gen to be equally excellent as an A/S tire.
Appreciate 0