View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #46
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioccuk View Post
I have just got off the phone with my dealer here in London, basically the full software update to my G30 (2017) can take from 2 to 6 hours.

Cost is £198 all in, and they said there's no change log or release notes, which means they cannot really pinpoint if the specific change I'm after is or isn't included in the overall update. Also they made very clear that if there is nothing wrong with my car they don't really recommend a new software update which can bring other glitches like an iOS or Android update for instance.

It would be awesome if anyone with a G30 who has recently updated the software can test CarPlay and find out if Google/Waze maps for instance will go full screen (including the area where split screen comes in if you see my original post).

Thanks
There are Service Bulletins, which reference fixes for specific issues. But, true, never any useful release notes.

Carplay is neither full screen automatically with update nor is it conditional. It requires patching unit; however, patch not possible after software S15A-18-11-520. There are three updates since that release so unlikely to hit desired level.
Appreciate 0