Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/10-ca...nership-2019-9

On average, 3.4% of new vehicles are resold within the first year of ownership.

#7 BMW X3 9% of the X3 were resold within 12 months.

#6 BMW X1 10.4% of the X1 were resold within 12 months.

#2 BMW 3 Series 11.8% of the 3 series were resold within 12 months.

The firm excluded vehicles with less than 1,000 miles on the odometer from the study. This was done to keep the study from being skewed by "car punching", which is when automakers offer incentives to dealers to buy new cars to use as loaners and then resell them when they're still under a year old.

Eight out of ten on the list are German and British luxury cars. The other two are Nissans. The list tops off with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class: 12.4% are resold used within the first year. This is 3.7 times more than the average for all vehicles.
Hey, I was one of those 10.4% that traded their X1 xDrive within 12 months. There is nothing wrong with the car. If anything it was fantastic, economical, well built, roomy, good looking but I wanted something more sporty. I guess these BMWs just make you crave for more BMW. Like a BMW appetizer if you will.

My X1 that I traded got sold as soon as I signed the papers for my 430i
It didn't spend a single day on the lot.

I think the statistic didn't mention that many of those X1 owners may have moved up to X3, X3 moved to X5, 3 series to 5 series. etc, etc.
It also didn't say that BMW owners are nuts or have enough money and/or credit to be able to do that.
Appreciate 0