Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post

Hopefully someone will jump in and critique your Denver Airport shot; cause i don't have a bad thing to say about it. Technically speaking it seems to be great. Composition is super interesting. I love how the perspective lines cross. How the posts go from left to lower right and the arches draw your eyes from right to lower left. Very interesting image, something i can imagine seeing on the wall in a nice restaurant or home.

I'll let someone else take a crack at it and post their image.
Enjoyed your how-I-did-it image story and thanks for commenting on mine.

Since you started it, I'm often out at DIA waiting to pick up a daughter or granddaughter with a little time on my hands, so I'll take the 5D MkII with the 24-105mm lens and look for a shot. There are lots of interesting shapes there, but most of my prior shots were duds, so I was determined to get something worth keeping. The sun was still relatively low in the East (left) of this image, so the shadows added extra dramatic elements to the image. When I got home and started process, it still seemed flat as I looked at it in color and pumped the contrast up and down, when it hit me to use B&W to gain more freedom with Contrast. The resulting B&W image pleased me much more, seeming appropriate for the white roof and dark, strong shadows.

Dave