View Single Post
      06-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Canon upgrade questions

So I have a Canon 7D which I've had since release day in HK, I love it, it's always been fantastic, but lately I've started getting ERR 40 (some power issue which could be expensive to fix).

I'm absolutely torn about what to do next.

Do I repair at (at what is probably the same price as what it's worth with the issue) or do I get a new one?

If I get a new one, do I get a 5D3 and replace my EFS 10-22 with something that'll work on full frame, or do I get a 7D2 and enjoy the fast focusing and shutter speeds whilst being aware that actual IQ isn't greatly improved. Or do I go mental and get a 1D variant? My lenses are primarily EFS 10-22, 50 1.8, 70-200 F4L IS. I also have 17-85 IS USM but the missus has been using that and I think it's buggered. I rarely use it.

Most of my production photos are of still subjects and usually in dim light and on a tripod or hand held and high ISO. That being said, I would absolutely LOVE a higher FPS and better focusing. the 5D3 doesn't really offer this and it would have been a huge benefit at the other half's running event at the weekend where a lot of my photos were out of focus.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0