View Single Post
      03-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #20
TheBusDriver
Rep
Drives: 2018 540d

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Hey Guys,
FYI, the laser goes off constantly due to the POP detection in the V1 radar unit. I had to turn this off on my previous cars due to the lane departure/etc. functionality.

To do so, follow the below if you have the Valentine 1, no need to turn off laser. I had to do this again because I sent my V1 back to the company for the updated version on their upgrade program and forgot to turn this feature off:

http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp

Specifically:
I. How to enter the Programming Mode.
Starting with the Control Knob in the "off" position, Press and hold-in Knob and at the same time turn the Knob "on;" continue holding in the Knob until all front-panel lights are on (takes about 5 seconds).
Release the Control Knob.

II. How to determine your software version.
Press and immediately release the Control Knob to display software version. The software-version number is four digits that display one digit at a time in the Bogey Counter-example: 2.869.
Note your software number, then see the table below for features that are programmable in your unit.
Press and immediately release the Control Knob to exit software-version display.

Update the "J" code feature to "Off" (down arrow)

Hope that helps.
The highlighted above in red is 100% incorrect information.

POP detection, detects (in theory) very quick burst of RADAR from very specific radar guns that have a POP feature built in to them. There are 2 types of POP, one being K band (specifically MPH Industries Z25 and Z35 guns which are pretty rare anyway) which transmits a very short 16 millisecond burst, or MPH Ka band guns that have the POP feature (tuned to 33.8GHz) which transmit a POP burst of 67 milliseconds.

Laser alerts detect LIDAR which transmits from police laser guns (and other sources) at a frequency of 905 nanometers.

Turning POP on/off does nothing to prevent laser/lidar alerts.

The most likely culprit is either the sun, or the hand gesture feature which apparently transmits its lidar signal from the roof panel down towards the center of the dash (and your windshield), where your detector picks up the lidar signal.
Appreciate 0