Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
I have heard Bristol is beautiful, but haven’t really visited yet. Gatlinburg is great but definitely touristy. I would say, anything however in that part of the state is a unique place to live. I personally like Knoxville a lot, and it didn’t feel that large the last couple of times I visited. But just large enough to have the airport, and food options etc.
Personally, out of the 3 tri-cities (Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport), Bristol used to be the most depressed. It has had a huge resurgence recently, however, and so long as you stay on the TN side, has a lot to offer. The VA side is still a sh*thole, though.

I enjoy Knoxville, it has everything most folks would want and is much larger than most folks think it is, since there is a large amount of smaller towns that for all intents and purposes are really part of Knoxville (think Turkey Creek, Strawberry Plains, Oak Ridge, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Johnson City is high on my list. Love east Tennessee. I’ll start digging in deeper in the upcoming years, but how’s the job market in the smaller cities? Continuing no income tax is nice.
So I own a home in Johnson City, although I now reside about 45mins outside of town on a mountain, I am still in JC daily.

I love the town.

Job market is pretty good depending on what you are looking at. In general, around here, we tend to struggle to fill roles since the employee pool isn't very good. As such, if you are marketable, you can usually command a strong wage.

I have had a position for an engineer open at my employer now for 111 days. I am willing to offer market rates comparable to large metro areas in an area where COL is much lower, but am still struggling to fill. Plenty of jobs here if you are a solid candidate.