01-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #60
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Kobe’s statement

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did.”

Where’s this admission of rape?

I stand by my statement, and you obviously have made up your mind and certainly have taken the most inappropriate time to vent it.

Your view of “cheating” is about marriage infidelity and is a religious construct, as is judgment of others and forgiveness, of which you’ve selectively ignored.
While you may not view him as a hero, we’re supposed to pay homage to a man who contributed to society and died with his daughter and friends.

Your view of “hurting” people, again, is in the eye of the beholder. Since nobody is morally perfect or perfectly moral, your point of view and timing, was designed for no other purpose than to grandstand while nerves were raw.

Stop pretending that you have some entitlement to judge anyone.
If he realizes she didn't think the sex was consensual then I assume she thought it was rape and he realizes it was rape? We're reading too much into the statement by lawyers for an idiot.

He first denied to the police he had sex with the teenager and later he threw his semen stained shirt at the cop.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50