View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #29
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
It's absolutely different. The power delivery is kinda bizarre feeling. An immediate slam of go with the throttle. My E90 of course has to have its neck wrung, which is fun and has its charm, but I guess I'm enamored by the efficiency of it. You feel like the throttle is connected to the wheels themselves, which it basically is, and you FEEL that. That's why it's so weird and foreign. It's not the rubber band turbo throttle response (used to drive modded 1 N55) or the "immediacy" of the S65 throttle. It truly redefines it and makes you reset your barometer to the degree thatif anyone drives the car and doesn't say "holy shit" with the first stab of the throttle I'd be very surprised. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm pretty smitten.

And on the music front, I've got a couple amps, pedalboard, and all that, and I typically pick up my Martin 000 acoustic when I want to jam. Just pick it up and go. Raw, unfiltered, no fiddling with knobs, setting my reverb just right, whatever. To being it full circle, the Tesla sort of also offers that - simplicity.
I've been in virtually all cars, including multiple electrics (i.e. Tesla). Very fast. The torque is insane...even better than some of the craziest exotics I've been in. But Teslas are numb. They are artificial. They are quiet. The interiors SUCK. The ergonomics inside are awful.

Here is another analogy. Slow and noisy sex or fast and quiet sex? I'll take my slow, loud, manual transmission over that fast, quiet, numb Tesla for YEARS to come.
Appreciate 5