02-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #53
Chasta
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Did you have to get anything coded?
I posted this in another brake-related thread, so apologies up front for the redundancy. I did, however, promise to keep you abreast of the coding results. Here ya go.

"Dealer charged $226 USD for coding on the M Brake package retrofit. I think that's excessive but by the time I pay for a tuner or software or the appropriate cable, I could easily waste more of my time and money. Worst case scenario, I could fail to code properly or screw something up. I'm sure a reputable BMW repair shop could do it for cheaper but I didn't shop around. I'll let you guys know if I can tell a difference after coding. Probably not..."

"Ok...so first impressions after coding are it feels very similar to how it did before. If anything, the brake pedal feels like there is less "slack" in it and the brakes engage immediately. Before coding, there seemed to be a little bit of play in the pedal before the brakes began to grab, but that's gone now. The best analogy I can give is how, when shooting, you take up slack in the trigger before firing the weapon. Was it worth the $226 from a performance aspect? No, I don't think so. But for peace of mind and as someone who likes to do things "right," I don't regret paying."
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00